Privacy and cookies
What information does Blake Morgan collect?
On this website Blake Morgan uses Google Analytics and Siteimprove to measure and analyse information on visits to the website. To that effect we use your IP address (a series of numbers that identifies a computer on the internet) to collect, among other things, internet traffic data and data regarding your browser type and computer. We will not use the data to identify you personally.
How does Blake Morgan use this information?
We will use your information for the specific purpose(s) for which you have provided it to us eg:
- to provide information that you may request regarding the services that we provide
- to contact you to introduce you to our expert lawyers
- to book you onto a course or event
and also to administer, support, improve and develop our business.
We may also use the information that we collect about you for marketing purposes eg:
- to provide communications about us and other services we provide that may be of interest to you
- to contact you about other activities and events that we may undertake
- to contact you for your views on our services.
All of these activities are within our legitimate interests as a law firm seeking to engage with and provide services to prospective and current clients.
You will be given an opportunity to tell us whether or not you wish to receive marketing materials and communications from us at the time you submit your details. If you do not wish to receive any marketing material or communications after you submit your details, please contact the Marketing team using the details below (stating UNSUBSCRIBE in the heading of any email message) indicating if you do not wish to be contacted for one or more of these marketing purposes and/or via particular forms of communication e.g. email or telephone. Please note that the preferences that you state will override any registrations you or your organisation may have with the relevant preference organisations (such as the telephone preference services).
If you change your mind about being contacted by us in the future, or change address, or if any information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know by: emailing: email@example.com or writing to our Marketing team at: Blake Morgan, Tollgate, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, SO53 3LG or calling us on 023 8090 8090 and asking for the Marketing team.
Disclosure of your information
Some of the information you provide to Blake Morgan will be held on our computers in the UK and will only be accessed by or given to our staff working in the UK. Some of the information you provide to Blake Morgan may be transferred to, stored and processed by a third party organisation which processes data for us and on our behalf.
Finally, if Blake Morgan merges with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to Blake Morgan new business partners or owners.
Cookies, also known as browsers or tracking cookies, are small text files that are added to your computer when you visit a website. They help websites to perform certain functions, eg for shopping carts, and for tracking purposes.
At Blake Morgan we use the following cookies:
- Google analytics. We use Google analytics cookies on the site for tracking purposes. The cookies allow us to understand general traffic to our website for example number of visitors and length of time on site. This process does collect data, but in an anonymous form, to help us make improvements, develop the site and enhance the user experience.
- Siteimprove. We use Siteimprove cookies on the site for tracking purposes. The cookies allow us to understand general traffic to our website for example number of visitors and length of time on site. This process does collect data, but in an anonymous form, to help us make improvements, develop the site and enhance the user experience.
- Privacy preferences. We use a tracking cookie, which is added to your computer, to remember your cookie preferences ie if you have allowed or disallowed them.
- Register for events. We have the ability for you to register for events on the website. If you do so this information goes directly into our database. In order to register our database adds an essential cookie (reaction server) to your computer.
- Member services. For areas of our website that are password protected then an essential cookie is added to your computer, which is then automatically deleted after your session has ended.
Shortly after arriving at our website we will add an 'opt-in' tracking cookie to your computer unless you specify otherwise. See above for further information on the types of cookies that we use.
If you would like to opt-in or opt-out of using cookies then you can use the button below. You can review your cookie settings at any time.
If you do opt-out then an opt-out preference cookie will be added to your computer, however if you delete all your cookies or use a different device then you will need to set your cookie preference again.
If this is your first visit and you navigate away from this page without specifying your cookies preference then an 'opt-in' tracking cookie with be added to your computer.