HR and employment law updates
Our Employment Club seminar in Swansea takes place on Thursday 12 March and we also also running events in other locations if you cannot make this one.
Blake Morgan Employment Club seminars:
- Cardiff Employment Club – 4 March
- Oxford Employment Club – 5 March
- Southampton Employment Club – 18 March
- Reading Employment Club – 25 March
The sessions will cover:
- A review of HR policies and procedures should definitely be on your current “to do” list. In our first case study, we will look at what new policies should be prepared in the light of imminent legislative changes such as the new right to parental bereavement leave and to take account of best practice guidance, for example, in relation to the menopause. But it’s not just new policies. Existing policies on harassment need to be reviewed to ensure they are consistent with the recently published guidance from the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
- Many employers and HR teams find that they spend a disproportionate amount of time managing a small number of difficult employees. In our second case study, we will look at how to manage complex issues such as multiple grievances, difficult personalities and persistent challenging behaviour.
- Finally, you may have seen from our recent Looking Ahead to 2020 Briefing that there are significant employment law developments in the year ahead, particularly in April, and we will update you on these developments and their implications for employers and HR professionals.
To register for the session, please click on the ‘Sign up here’ button.
There will be plenty of opportunity for discussion about recent developments and time for questions with your HR colleagues and members of our Employment team and we hope you can join us.
The cost of attendance is £30 + VAT per delegate and a buffet breakfast will be provided. Please note, as numbers are limited at these events, if you do book a place on the seminar and subsequently are unable to attend, you may send a colleague in your place provided you let us know in advance, but if you are unable to, you will be charged the full booking fee of £30 plus VAT.
Thursday 12 March
8.00 am – Registration
8.30 am – Seminar starts
10.00 am – Seminar ends
Mercure Swansea Hotel
£30 + VAT per delegate