Kath Shimmin, head of our Banking and Finance group will be a panellist at ECOBATE 2014 on 8th October.
The University of Southampton Centre for Banking, Finance and Sustainable Development is hosting the Third European Conference on Banking and the Economy (ECOBATE 2014), on Wednesday, 8 October 2014 in Winchester Guildhall, featuring, among others:
- Lord Adair Turner (former chairman of the FSA)
- Sir John Gieve (former deputy-governor of the Bank of England)
- Prof. John Kay (columnist in the Financial Times)
- Prof. Charles Goodhart (LSE)
- Ralf Barkey, CEO of the Rhineland-Westphalian Association of Cooperatives.
The public part of the event will start at 3.30pm, opened by the Leader of Hampshire County Council, followed by a ‘Money Question Time’ until around 7.30pm.
Several keynote speakers will start to speak from 5pm in a session chaired by the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Southampton.
Panellists and keynote speakers will discuss what lessons have been learnt from the financial crisis (if any), how our banking and monetary system works, and what needs to be done to ensure that banks support local communities.
For further details or to register for the free afternoon/evening public part or the whole conference (starting at 8.30am) please click here.