High Buildings seminar - what have we learnt?
We are delighted to invite you to our 'High Buildings' seminar, the latest in our "Developing Connections" programme of events focused on the real estate market.
The tragic event at Grenfell Tower has brought safety and compliance to the forefront of businesses' priorities. It is important to recognise that this tragedy is not the first high rise fire to occur and there is now more pressure than ever on organisations who own, occupy, manage or are liable for such buildings. Undoubtedly the overall picture is far more complex than has been presented and considerable care is needed to arrive at sensible measured decisions based on good advice and experience in dealing with the issues and implications.
James Bessey, a partner in our Construction Group, who has advised a range of private and public sector organisations with respect to such issues, will cover:
- The lessons we have learnt and how these apply to the rest of us.
- Where we will see the regulatory framework moving and insurance implications.
- Practical tips for addressing potential risks in terms of buildings and estates.
This will be followed by a Q&A session, led by James and Chris Blythe, CEO of CIOB.
We do hope you are able to join us. To register your place and reserve your ticket please click on the RSVP link below.
- 24 Apr 2018
- Blake Morgan - Southampton
- 7.30 am - Registration, breakfast and networking
8.00 am - Presentation
8.45 am - Q&A
9.10 am - Coffee and networking
9.30 am - Finish