Blake Morgan's Public Sector Network – mental health and capacity masterclass 2017
This event is now full, please email email@example.com to be added to the reserve list.
We would be delighted to invite you to our next Public Sector Network seminar on Wednesday 8 November in our Cardiff office, specifically for those in the public and third sector.
The main focus of this two hour seminar is to provide an opportunity to update your understanding by reference to recent cases relating to the Mental Health Act 1983, the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS).
We are privileged to have as our guest speaker Professor Richard Jones, Consultant and Author of the Mental Health Act Manual and Mental Capacity Act Manual. Richard will:
- Look at amendments made to the Mental Health Act by the Policing and Crime Act 2017.
- Recent cases including the Court of Appeal in the PJ/MM case.
Eve Piffaretti, Partner will consider the latest developments in relation to the Mental Capacity Act 2005 & the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards procedure (DoLS). Eve will discuss developments in case law and procedure including guidance on:
- Best interest assessment – the Aintree effect
- When medical treatment cases need to go to the Court of Protection
- DoLS in a hospital setting.
We do hope you are able to join us.