Alex Butler Associate
Alex is an Associate in the Corporate team based in Cardiff.
Main areas of practice
Alex specialises in advising on corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, disposals, management buy-outs and equity investments. He also advises clients on a variety of corporate governance matters including share buy-backs, internal compliance issues, shareholder agreements and general Companies Act compliance.
Alex has also advised on a variety of banking and finance matters, including working with internationally recognised banks and other lending institutions on a variety of secured and unsecured lending matters.
Alex acts for a wide range of regional and national clients, including public and private companies, partnerships, private individuals and internationally recognised banks.
- Advising a leading international business consultancy company on an asset acquisition of the Russian business of a UK based competitor.
- Advised a local aviation company on a £1.6 million equity and debt investment received from Finance Wales Investments Limited.
- Advised on a £1.5 million asset acquisition of a flight simulator business by the same aviation company.
- Advised Finance Wales Investments Limited on various corporate finance matters, including a £1.3 million investment in a local life sciences company.
- Advised a nationally recognised PR and marketing plc on various corporate governance matters.
- Advised a major welsh sporting organisation on the creation of a joint venture company.
- Advised the sixth oldest company currently registered in England and Wales on the modernisation of its constitutional documents.
- Advised a major public sector client on a £180 million re-finance of existing debt (including a fresh debt investment of £17 million).
- Advised an international bank on the investment it provided for a £7.5 million management buyout of a UK based company with offices in Africa and the Middle East.
Related Knowledge & Resources
Our expert explains the Director Disqualification Act and what happens if a disqualified director doesn't apply with the Act.
Our expert explains the changes to the Criminal Offences Act and what you need to to to reduce the risk to your business.
Blake Morgan's Corporate team acted for the shareholders of Templegate Electrical Supplies Limited, in connection with the sale to Morris Mclellan Limited, a member of the JW Morris Group.