Jennifer Sore Associate
“Jennifer Sore, who specialises in defending insurance claims, has wonderful analysis and negotiation skills. ”
Jennifer is an Associate in the insurance practice sector, coming from an insurance background, acting for insurers, self-insured parties and local authorities.
Main areas of practice
Jennifer runs a varied case load dealing with all aspects of civil litigation including employers’ and public liability, highways claims, personal injury, property damage and road traffic collisions. She worked in the insurance industry for 10 years before moving into law and gives an in depth insight into the insurance market.
Jennifer acts primarily for Defendants, but does have a limited claimant based case load.
- Advising and assisting Local Authorities in the development of highways policies and procedures to bring about increased success in the ability to successfully defend claims.
- Advising a nationwide construction company on the implementation of a programme for claims management.
- Acting for a nationwide construction company on a multi action million pound mediation.
- Successfully defending a civil action in the Court of Appeal.
- Advising a major insurer on developing a process for handling diminution in value claims.
- Acting for a major insurer in the defence of a million pound amputation claim.
“I have recommended using you as a firm (and an individual) who are (is) considerably better value and produces consistently better work.”
Related Knowledge & Resources
Whilst the UK has voted to leave the EU, it is not clear as to what that exit will look like or as to how we will construe the laws that we have adopted over the last 40 years.
It is important that insurers are aware of the consequences double insurance may have on their liability.
The Court of Appeal helps us understand when an airline can rely on the 'extraordinary circumstance' defence for a claim brought under the Denied Boarding Regulations.