Lucy Clifford Litigation Executive
Lucy is an Insurance Litigation Executive based in our Reading office.
Main areas of practice
Lucy works in the Insurance practice area and runs a large case load of predominantly defended motor claims. She is experienced in small, fast and multi-track actions, both pre and post litigation, including personal injury, credit hire and liability disputes on behalf of insurers and their corporate clients. Her case load also includes European Rome II claims, insured and uninsured loss recovery claims and property damage recovery actions on behalf of a national self-insured charity.
- Defending a multi vehicle collision liability dispute with a favourable result involving full costs recovery for the client;
- Quantum negotiations of numerous passenger claims arising from the client's collision with a double-decker bus in central London;
- Successfully defending credit hire claims on the grounds of unenforceability with The Cancellation of Contracts made in a Consumer's Home or Place of Work etc. Regulations 2008;
- Successful insured and uninsured loss recovery claims;
- Tactical settlement negotiations providing the client with cost effective compromises.
Related Knowledge & Resources
Whilst the UK has voted to leave the EU, it is not clear as to what that exit will look like or as to how we will construe the laws that we have adopted over the last 40 years.
It is important that insurers are aware of the consequences double insurance may have on their liability.
The Court of Appeal helps us understand when an airline can rely on the 'extraordinary circumstance' defence for a claim brought under the Denied Boarding Regulations.