Mathew Wilson Senior Associate
Mat is a corporate law specialist, advising clients on various corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, joint ventures and group restructurings.
Main areas of practice
Mat's main areas of practice include acquisitions and disposals of private companies, private equity and venture capital investments, restructuring of corporate groups and general corporate advisory work.
Mat acts for high net worth individuals, serial entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, SMEs and listed corporates within a range of sectors including Technology/IT, Defence and Healthcare.
Recently Mat has advised:
Recent experience includes advising the following on significant transactions:
- NASDAQ listed Cubic Corporation in respect of its acquisition of Vocality International Limited for up to £8m, a leading provider of embedded technology that unifies communications platforms, enhances voice quality, increases video performance and optimises data throughput
- The shareholders of a newly formed care home group in relation to their equity and debt investments, a venture capital backed investment and a £21m facility from a further funder
- Wellness Foods in relation to the sale of prepared fruit and fresh juice manufacturer Orchard House Foods to NASDAQ listed multinational Hain Celestial and in relation to the sale of Stream Foods to South African listed Pioneer Foods
- A NASDAQ listed Defence company on its acquisition of a military training and consultancy business
- Beagle Healthcare and Albion Ventures in relation to the sale of Orchard Portman to Cygnet Health Care, one of the largest independent providers of mental health services in the UK
- Wellness Foods on the sale of Dorset Cereals to FTSE listed Associated British Foods
- Wellness Foods on the sale of Rowse Honey to Irish headquartered Valeo Foods
- A privately owned healthcare and nursing group on the restructuring of its' trading subsidiaries and the refinancing of existing equity and c.£10m debt investment by incumbent venture capital fund
Mat also works with clients in finance, recruitment, retail, leisure and hospitality sectors.
In 2010 Mat worked with Meridian Corporate Finance on a six month secondment, where he gained invaluable project management, private equity and venture capital transaction experience. In 2009 he was seconded to Fortis Insurance (now Ageas) for six months working on insurance products, website operations, broker agreements and general commercial contracts.
Articles by Mathew
National leading law firm Blake Morgan has advised the shareholders of Cornerstone Healthcare on the sale of their specialist healthcare business to private equity firm Ignite Growth.
Blake Morgan has advised Cubic Corporation on its acquisition of Deltenna Limited, a wireless infrastructure company specialising in the design and delivery of radio and antenna communication solutions.
Blake Morgan acted for Beagle Healthcare and Albion Ventures in relation to the successful sale of Orchard Portman to Cygnet Health Care.
Related Knowledge & Resources
New Corporate Governance rules from January this year affect not just quoted companies, but companies with more than 250 employees, with an increased requirement for directors to report on on a variety of matters.
Online platforms and regulation - too successful for their own good? Why the EU's proposed regulation of platforms will apply in the UK regardless of Brexit
Our expert Simon Stokes looks at why the EU's proposed regulation of platforms will apply in the UK regardless of Brexit
Whether or not to pay staff in relation to sleep-in shifts is not always straightforward and establishing whether someone is working or not is crucial. Rebecca Ireland and Madeleine Mould explains the law around this complex area.
Do you have conflict in the workplace that takes up your valuable time and has a damaging effect on team performance?
Nationwide (England) from 1 February 2016
Blake Morgan provide a guide on how a Will can help protect your business.