Michelle Davenport Legal Director
“Michelle Davenport is noted for her experience in property and retail M&A.”
Michelle takes a solutions orientated approach to advising clients in buying and selling businesses and in respect of their other corporate and company law requirements.
Main area of practice
Michelle advises clients on a range of corporate matters, notably exit strategies, mergers and acquisitions, shareholders’ agreements and joint ventures. Michelle provides commercial and pragmatic advice on a range of corporate and commercial issues.
Michelle acts for owner-managers and decision makers of companies particularly in the Tech, retail, hotels and leisure industries.
Michelle’s experience includes advising:
- An owner manager client in respect of the £50m sale of an IT company
- A Tech entrepreneur in the sale of his business and his shareholding and integration into the buyer’s newly expanded business
- On the internal restructuring of an art gallery company
- An owner manager client in the sale of their family run beauty company to a private equity firm
- A corporate client in the acquisition of a travel business
- On the transfer of a general partnership to a private limited company for a hotel chain
- Property investors and developers on the structuring of, and investment into, joint ventures
Many individuals selling businesses often look to retire (lucky devils!) and ask how they can use the money from the sale to plan for their family's future. Others look to make tax efficient investments in other businesses.
Articles by Michelle
Related Knowledge & Resources
New Corporate Governance rules from January this year affect not just quoted companies, but companies with more than 250 employees, with an increased requirement for directors to report on on a variety of matters.
Our expert explains the changes to the Criminal Offences Act and what you need to to to reduce the risk to your business.
Blake Morgan's Corporate team acted for the shareholders of Templegate Electrical Supplies Limited, in connection with the sale to Morris Mclellan Limited, a member of the JW Morris Group.