Michelle Lawlor-Perkins Senior Solicitor
Michelle is a senior solicitor in the employment team who advises clients on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious issues.
Main areas of practice
Michelle's main areas of practice include:
- Advising clients on how to comply with rules and regulations
- Negotiating and providing commercial solutions
- Presenting at seminars and providing bespoke training
Michelle works with a variety of corporate clients and high net worth individuals.
- Trained over 250 employees on behalf of an international bank regarding equality and anti-harassment issues
- Provided solutions to a telecommunications company regarding GDPR compliance and formulated privacy notes/appropriate policy documents as well as updated employment and data protection policies contracts
- Provided TUPE advice to a major airline company following service provision change
- Provided corporate support in relation to various transactions, including in relation to acquisitions for one of the largest travel companies in the US
- Advised a PLC company regarding issues in social media usage and provided guidance on database rights
- Delivered numerous seminars to clients regarding how to interpret and implement new law
Advocacy: Michelle is an experienced advocate and has represented clients at all stages of proceedings.
Seminars and training: Michelle is a regular speaker at seminars and offers clients bespoke training.
Articles by Michelle
No cap on holiday entitlement is increasingly a perk being offered by employers, including Netflix and Virgin. Is giving employees the freedom to decide how much holiday they need every employee's dream, or could the taking of annual leave damage careers?
Two recent EAT cases consider whether it is discriminatory to enhance Maternity Pay but not enhance Shared Parental Pay.
The Employment Appeal Tribunal’s recent decision in Kocur v Angard Staffing Solutions Ltd means that an agency worker’s statutory rights to certain equal terms cannot be bought out by paying the worker a higher rate of pay than its permanent staff.
Related Knowledge & Resources
What should you consider when paying out life assurance benefits – and what are the implications if you get it wrong? Adrian Lamb, Legal Director in our Pensions and Benefits team considers the issues involved for employers and trustees.
How can employers avoid treating employees unfavourably because of something arising in consequence of their disability?
The Court of Appeal has held that a whistleblower's colleagues can be personally liable for dismissal-related detriments and the losses flowing from the dismissal.
Do you have conflict in the workplace that takes up your valuable time and has a damaging effect on team performance?
Blake Morgan is one of the few larger law firms that offer an immigration compliance audit service. We are well placed to do so, drawing on our immigration and commercial expertise.