Nicola Williams Senior Legal Executive
“The team and I feel we got a first class service from you on the construction side”
Nicola is an experienced Senior Legal Executive specialising in construction and development.
Main areas of practice
Nicola specialises in non-contentious construction work.
Nicola advises on: construction terms in development agreements and agreements for lease, letters of intent, pre-construction agreements, building contracts and sub-contracts, consultant appointments, collateral warranties and letters of reliance, novation agreements, performance and other bonds, parent company guarantees, project bank accounts/escrow agreements. Nicola also provides due diligence reports to funders on construction documents.
She acts for private and public sector clients, including: employers, developers, contractors, consultants and funders, in respect of complex and/or high value construction projects.
- Advising a major public authority on a bespoke developer agreement with associated agreement for lease
- Providing due diligence reports on construction documents to three of the four main high street banks
- Advising a major university on construction framework agreements to procure professional consultants and building contractors under multiple lots for call-off contracts
- Advising a bank on construction documents for refurbishment/new build to create new branches under a major expansion project
- Advising social housing providers on development agreements, drafting bespoke construction documents and preparing templates for their future construction projects
- Advising a local authority on a wide range of construction projects and contracts, including school refurbishment/new build projects, regeneration projects and framework agreements
Nicola also has experience in advising on public sector contracts and procurement.
Related Knowledge & Resources
Developers are geared up to carry out necessary remediation of brownfield sites through the planning process, but what happens if there is historical contamination on land that they have sold to homeowners years before?
A Court of Appeal ruling last month involving planning permission to convert a building in west London from five flats to eight explored...
The recent case of Signature Realty Ltd v Fortis Developments Ltd & Anor highlights the caution that developers should take when acquiring a site with planning permission. The case confirmed that copyright protection applies to architects' drawings.