Ona Proctor Solicitor
Ona is a solicitor within the Built Environment team and advises on real estate finance, acquisitions, disposals, property investment, development and commercial leases (acting for landlord and tenant). Ona is bilingual Korean and English and is a core member of Blake Morgan’s Korean desk.
Main areas of practice
Ona specialises in investment acquisitions and sales, property development, lease transactions (for both landlord and tenant) and property financing.
Key clients include Korean and other international banks, property developers and investors, buyers, sellers, lenders and borrowers, and, in so doing, represents institutions individuals and companies.
Experience in dealing with Korean clients
- Acting for a large Korean commercial bank on its secured lending. Financing of acquisitions involving complex security packages, including dealing with the borrower incorporated outside the UK
- Represented Korean SMEs in relation to business tenancies and acquisition of business units in the UK
- In house legal representative for one of the largest Italian Commercial Banks for their secured lending, including dealing with property due diligence and preparing finance documents
- Acting for major International Italian fashion houses and overseas investors in relation to business tenancies and acquisition of business units in recognised properties within Belgravia, Kensington and Chelsea
- Representing a property developer in the acquisition of a commercial building subject to multiple occupational leases in the West End involving £30 million lending
- Representing high net worth individual in the disposal of a mixed use property portfolio
- Acting for the Freeholder management company of three blocks of residential flats in Greenwich and negotiating telecoms agreement with EE for its use of air space above these blocks of flats
Ona is fluent in Korean and is a member of the BKLA (British Korean Law Association).
On behalf of a prestigious international real estate company in Korea, Ona has also presented a seminar in relation to the launch of a UK property portfolio to Korean investors.
Ona works closely with our banking team.
Related Knowledge & Resources
Local authorities will be pleased to note that the Court of Appeal accepts that they only have to consider planning issues when presented with a planning application.
Chancellor announces changes to stamp duty land tax for first-time buyers but with no changes for the rest of the market
As had been hinted at over the weekend, in today's Autumn Budget, Phillip Hammond has announced changes to Stamp Duty Land Tax ("SDLT") to assist first time buyers to be known as "Discount Relief".
With fly-tipping on the increase, private landowners are becoming more concerned about their rights and responsibilities. Our expert discusses the remedies for private land owners as well as the preventive measures that can be taken.
After being invited to attend the Law Commission Symposium on 5 November 2018 to hear the proposals for enfranchisement reform and discuss how they will work in practice, Louise Uphill examines the key points.
Nationwide (England) from 1 February 2016