Stephen Archibald Partner
“Stephen Archibald handles corporate matters such as M&A and public takeovers for a range of clients. He is especially experienced acting for owner-managed businesses in sectors such as retail and technology.”
Stephen has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions and general corporate advisory work as well as public company takeovers and institutional equity issues.
Main area of practice
Stephen deals with corporate transactions.
His clients include owner managed businesses, SMEs and publicly listed corporates. Stephen works within a wide range of sectors including retail, technology and recruitment.
Recent experience includes advising the following on significant transactions:
- Harwood Wealth Management Group plc, a leading UK based financial planning and discretionary wealth management business, on its £45m admission to AIM
- Gresham Technologies plc on a £3.3m institutional share placing and £4.6m acquisition of niche financial markets software provider, C24 Technologies Ltd
- Deverill Group Limited and its shareholders on the sale of the company to 365itms, a leading IT services provider
- IEWC Holdings Corp. on its separate acquisitions of domestic and international wire and cabling distributors, Premier Cables Limited and Argosy Components Limited
- Beale plc, the Bournemouth-based department store retailer, on its takeover by English Rose Enterprises Limited at an enterprise value exceeding £20m
- Paris-based Manutan International SA on its €20.3m acquisition of IronmongeryDirect Limited, the UK's largest specialist ironmongery supplier
- AIM listed Universe Group plc on its £3.8m acquisition of Indigo Retail Limited, a forecourt and convenience store loyalty and payment systems provider
“Leading Individual, specialising in general corporate matters, M&A, AIM and main market fundraisings and floats, as well as public takeovers.”
“An extremely talented lawyer.”
Articles by Stephen
Blake Morgan has advised the Isle of Wight County Press Group, publisher of the Newport-based County Press newspaper, on its sale to Newsquest Media Group.
Related Knowledge & Resources
New Corporate Governance rules from January this year affect not just quoted companies, but companies with more than 250 employees, with an increased requirement for directors to report on on a variety of matters.
Online platforms and regulation - too successful for their own good? Why the EU's proposed regulation of platforms will apply in the UK regardless of Brexit
Our expert Simon Stokes looks at why the EU's proposed regulation of platforms will apply in the UK regardless of Brexit
Our expert explains the changes to the Criminal Offences Act and what you need to to to reduce the risk to your business.
Do you have conflict in the workplace that takes up your valuable time and has a damaging effect on team performance?
Nationwide (England) from 1 February 2016
Blake Morgan provides a helpful guide for Marinas and Boat Yards on recovering outstanding berthing fees.