Steve Cole Partner
“Steve Cole acts on a wide range of financial transactions, focusing on syndicated and leveraged, both regional and international. He is also noted for regularly advising on Islamic funding structures. Impressed interviewees say: "He kept to timescales and had a pragmatic view of the transaction and explained the pros and cons of the situation."”
Steve is a Partner in our Banking and Finance team. He focuses on commercial, property, asset and Islamic finance.
Main areas of practice
Steve advises on a broad range of financial transactions. Steve's particular expertise lies in commercial finance, property finance and asset finance. He also has specialist expertise in the education sector. Steve heads our Islamic finance practice and has advised banks and customers on a wide variety of Islamic compliant funding structures. He has extensive experience in both bilateral and syndicated transactions often dealing with transactions involving multiple jurisdictions.
Steve has extensive experience advising banks, other institutional lenders and borrowers.
- Advising HSBC on facilities relating to the management buy-out of the Lakesmere Group (Solent Deal Awards – Deal of the Year 2016)
- Acting for a leading regional property developer in relation to investment and development facilities totalling £17mn.
- Advising a Bank on c.£20mn term loan and revolving credit facility being made available to a leading university in the South of England
- Acting for a borrower in relation to a c. £10mn Islamic compliant commodity murabaha facility arranged with a Bank to finance the development of retirement accommodation.
- Advising a global manufacturing group based in India in respect of English law security relating to c.€700mn facilities relating to multiple subsidiaries in multiple jurisdictions.
Steve holds a LLM in International Environmental Law and the Islamic Finance Qualification.
“He is always available, a good sounding board and truly understands the value of the relationship.”
Articles by Steve
So we have decided to leave the European Union. Whether or not that will ultimately be the best thing for the UK economy is something that only time will tell.
Blake Morgan’s banking and finance specialists have been recognised for their expertise by judges at the Solent Deals Awards.
Related Knowledge & Resources
The long awaited final part of the FCA's review of the motor finance sector has arrived; are there any nasty surprises lurking for the industry to be worried about?
Our expert explains the changes to the Criminal Offences Act and what you need to to to reduce the risk to your business.
On 26 June 2017, the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 ("the New Regulations") came into force. Read an overview here.
With the clock ticking, and just over a month until the changes to the regulation of payment services and e-money come into force, the revised regime will see a significant change to the way in which payment services and e-money are regulated.