Impressed clients highlight her for her "attention to detail, work ethic and commercial pragmatism."
With over 20 years of experience in commercial property matters, Anna has built a well-regarded reputation within the retail and charity sectors.
Main areas of practice
Retail – Within the retail sector Anna has acted for household names including, Costa, The Southern Co-operative and Metro Bank Plc as well as significant new entrants to the market Newbie (part of the Swedish KappAhl Group) and Marie Claire Jet Style.
“Anna Larbi leads the Metro Bank property acquisitions team at Blake Morgan. She understands us, our drives, processes and programmes and tailors her advice accordingly. She and her team excel at hitting challenging deadlines and smoothing out complex transactions with many moving parts to get the deal done.” – Calum Ewing, Head of Property, Metro Bank Plc
Charity – Anna is an expert in charity property transactions and acts for a number of local, national and international charities such as St John’s Winchester and Sailors’ Society as well as acting for ecclesiastical bodies such as Winchester Diocesan Board of Finance.
Education – Anna also leads the Group’s educational property offering, in particular acting for schools and academy trusts on the property issues around academisation and for faith schools on a range of property issues including statutory land transfers. Her clients in this area include the Church of England Diocese of Winchester and Portsmouth, University of Chichester (Multi) Academy Trust, Kings Group Academies, Hamwic Education Trust.
Anna’s clients includes:
- Metro Bank
- Southern Co-op
- Sailors’ Society
- Winchester Diocesan Board of Finance
Anna qualified in 1999 and joined the firm in 2007.
- Running the Group's Metro Bank property acquisition team dealing with the purchase and lease of premises to support the store roll out as well as asset management.
- Setting up the acquisition protocols and working templates for new UK entrant Newbie as well as leading the team dealing with store acquisitions.
- Managing a school's portfolio title review of over 50 sites, advising on title rectification issues arising and supervising a team that has completed over 45 academy conversions and transfers.
- Acting on the relocation of Mill Chase Technology College as part of the 20 year, 200 hectare regeneration and development at Whitehill and Bordon involving agreements for the surrender and relocation of the existing on-site leisure centre simultaneously with the closure of the existing school and construction of the new school campus.
- Acting for an international charity in relation to all property matters, including retail and investment property.
Anna has experience in secured lending including certificate of title projects and portfolio re-financing. Her experience within the retail and charity sectors also includes commercial development of sites and associated land issues such as overage.
Anna Larbi is well regarded for her expertise advising charities and retail clients on a range of real estate portfolio matters. One client says: "She is extremely thorough, always available and her response time is excellent."
Very efficient, thorough, prompt and professional.
Anna leads the Metro Bank property acquisitions team at Blake Morgan and is our "go to" person for any property related issues. She understands us and how we work and makes sure her advice is tailored accordingly.
Very efficient Anna Larbi specialises in retail property work.
Insights by Anna
Today the UK Government published its snappily titled, Code of Practice for Commercial Property Relationships During the Covid-19 Pandemic. Click here to see a copy of the Code. The Code...Read More
On Thursday evening the Government announced further measures to limit the ability of landlords to take action against commercial tenants for non-payment of rent. These new measures supplement provisions introduced...Read More