Arshoo is a partner in the Tax and Succession team in the firm’s London office.
Arshoo joined the firm in 2018 from Russell-Cooke LLP and has extensive experience in advising both UK and international clients in relation to tax, trusts, succession and mental capacity issues.
Main areas of practice
Arshoo’s practice involves the full spectrum of private client law with particular emphasis on estate tax and succession planning for international and UK clients (with a focus on UK inheritance tax, capital gains tax and the reliefs available), wills (including wills to comply with Islamic law), the administration of complex contentious multi-jurisdictional estates, trusts and co-ownership issues arising out of divorce, court of protection work and international mental capacity issues.
Arshoo has a significant diverse UK and international client base to complement her multi-disciplinary approach. Her clients range from entrepreneurs, investors, sportspersons, professional administrators, trustees, deputies for vulnerable clients, private individuals and their families with inherited wealth.
Arshoo began her career as a property lawyer and specialised in private client law in 2000.
She has had a number of articles published in respected legal journals including the Solicitors Journal and Family Law Journal and has spoken on domicile issues in seminars run by ILPA (Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association).
- Administration of Contentious Estates - advising professional administrators in the administration of a complex cross border estate with succession, domicile, UK and foreign tax conflict of laws issues and the tax implications of a settlement under the Inheritance (Provisions for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- UK Tax and Cross-border Succession Issues – advising a family client on the UK capital gains tax and income tax liabilities arising from a divorce settlement and French matrimonial property regime issues.
- Estate Planning - consideration of various UK inheritance tax reliefs and US gifts and estate tax relief for US/UK clients in the preparation of their Wills and estate tax planning options.
- Trusts - advising clients on the creation of a lifetime disabled person's trust to protect their child who lacked mental capacity.
- Wills - preparation of Wills for civil partners and consideration of provisions to determine parenthood where the children of the family were born as a result of surrogacy and assisted reproduction.
Arshoo Singh 'pays great attention to detail. She explains things in layman's terms about what course of action clients should take and how to approach each problem. Importantly she follows through until the end.'
One to watch