Barrister and Senior Associate
Chris is a senior associate and barrister within the Professional Regulatory team, based in London.
Main area of practice
Currently undertakes advocacy before professional regulatory tribunals and fitness to practise investigations for a range of regulators. Experience of appeals before the High Court and undertaking applications to extend interim suspension orders before the High Court.
- Conducting advocacy before tribunals in a wide range of cases, including complex and high profile matters.
- Frequently appeared in the High Court in relation to applications to extend interim orders.
- Acted for the NMC in the appeals of Ige v The Nursing and Midwifery Council  EWHC 3721 (Admin), and more recently Kibe v The Nursing and Midwifery Council  EWHC 1402 (Admin). Within both cases, all grounds of appeal were successfully defended. More recently he acted for the General Dental Council in the case of Davey v The General Dental Council  WL 6757832 (Admin).
- Corporate Crime and Investigations
- Defending Professionals
- Advising Regulators
- Regulatory, Disciplinary & Compliance
- Bar Standards Board
- Member of ARDL
Insights by Christopher
This was an appeal by the General Medical Council (GMC) against the decision of the Medical Practitioners Tribunal (MPT) to restore the Respondent to the Register of medical practitioners which...Read More