A first class Property Litigation solicitor with a commercial view to complex disputes and an up-to-date knowledge of current legislation
Claire specialises in all aspects of disputes concerning commercial and residential property and also provides advice and representation before matters become contentious.
Main area of practice
Claire’s main areas of work is focussed on retail property although she also provides advice about rights to light, party walls, development agreements, mortgagees in possession, lease renewals, insolvency and other asset management issues such as forfeiture, recovery of arrears, service charges, squatters and dilapidations. Claire is involved in residential cases too including possession actions, tenancy deposits and supports our specialist enfranchisement and lease extension team.
Claire acts on behalf of both landlords and tenants, retailers, investors and developers, and homeowners.
- Property Litigation Association
- British Council of Shopping Centres
- Acting for an offshore developer in an action to recover an outstanding loan of £2m and obtaining a freezing injunction to prevent the debtor from dissipating assets
- Claire recently advised a mortgagee which took possession of commercial premises, about the status of the occupiers on the land and the options available to it to secure vacant possession by a specific date
- Acted for a national retailer defending a £300,000 claim for terminal dilapidations which settled at an all parties without prejudice meeting for less than half the value of the claim
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Provides CPD training to other professionals including surveyors and asset managers
- Written articles for the Retail Gazette
Always pushes to get the best commercial outcome.
Insights by Claire
As many people think about returning their itchy Christmas jumpers, some are wondering why, when it comes to property, refunds are not always available for unwanted and unused services. That's...Read More