Senior Chartered Legal Executive
Claire has a background in debt recovery and litigation, and is part of the firm’s Business Support and Insolvency Group.
Main area of practise
Claire handles all aspects of insolvency work, including transactional, advisory and contentious matters.
Claire works for insolvency practitioners, banks, lenders and creditors to maximise recoveries, as well as directors and companies in distressed situations.
Claire graduated with an LL.B (Hons) in Law from the University of the West of England in 2006. She was admitted as a Chartered Legal Executive in June 2013.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Claire regularly carries out security reviews for Banks and also advises on the enforcement of security, for example by appointing Receivers under the Law of Property Act 1925;
- Claire has acted for a purchaser of a technology company in purchasing a business from the Administrators of a company that had gone into Administration (2016);
- Claire has acted for the Joint Trustees in Bankruptcy to obtain a Limited Civil Restraint Order in a bankruptcy matter, followed by achieving vacant possession, where the bankrupt and his wife were deliberately obstructing the Joint Trustees (2017);
- Claire has assisted with the appointment of Administrators by a Qualifying Floating Chargeholder (2016);
- Claire acts in relation to applications for the sale and possession of property in bankruptcy proceedings;
- Claire is currently acting for Joint Liquidators bringing a claim for knowing receipt, and/or to set aside a transaction at an undervalue.
Claire also regularly provides training sessions at our quarterly insolvency lunch and learn sessions which are held for clients.
Insights by Claire
Throughout 2018, we have seen a number of high profile insolvencies on the high street affecting a variety of different companies across the retail sector. In the press, we have...Read More