Formerly from the Commercial Litigation team, Clare now specialises in professional liability and is a member of the Risk and Compliance team.
Main areas of practice
Clare’s main area of practice is the area of professional negligence and complaints.
Key cases include:
- Biggs v Sotnicks  EWCA Civ 272 limitation, concealment of fraud, S.32(1) Limitation Act
- Masterman-Lister v Brutton & Co.  3 All ER 162 the test for mental capacity
- UCB Bank v Hepherd Winstanley & Pugh  EWCA Civ 2029 terms and limits of solicitors’ retainer
- Tee-Hillman v Heppenstalls  EWCA Civ 1947 professional negligence
- Tee-Hillman v Heppenstalls  All ER (D) 439 (Mar) assessment of costs, relevance of estimates
Competition law: her experience includes commercial disputes and competition law investigations.
Clare joined the firm in 1991. Formerly in the commercial litigation team, Clare specialises in professional liability (including negligence and complaints) and joined the Risk and Compliance team in 2006.
In 2005 she was awarded a Diploma in European Competition Law with merit. She speaks German and holds a Diploma in Translation from the Chartered Institute of Linguists.