Sensible and fair.
David specialises in defending clinical negligence claims on behalf of doctors, dentists and other healthcare professionals. He regularly deals with complex high-value claims. David is also experienced in defending professional negligence claims on behalf of other professionals.
Main areas of practice
David has many years of experience in defending Doctors and other professionals including solicitors in professional negligence claims. David’s experience also includes appearing at Coroner’s inquests and in all types of civil litigation including acting for clients in proceedings in the USA.
David also investigates and presents Fitness to Practice cases before a wide range of professional conduct tribunals.
David defends doctors, dentists and other health professionals in clinical negligence claims including claims of high value.
- Acting for leading medical defence organisation since 2008 in relation to clinical negligence claims.
- Acting in the investigation and presentation of Fitness to Practice cases for various regulators in the Health and Social Care Sector from 1995 to date.
- Acted for the Law Society as an Intervention Agent in Solicitors Practices from 2009 to 2012.
- Acted for the Solicitors Indemnity Fund in solicitors negligence claims from 1995 to 2000 and for various insurers in the same field after this work transferred to the open market.
- For over 10 years acted for the National Union of Mineworkers including during the industrial action of 1984 and in claims for personal injury and industrial disease.
- Is a trained Mediator with experience of mediating in civil claims.
- In 2010 was appointed as a Deputy District Judge on the Wales Circuit.
Spearheaded by David Mortimer, Blake Morgan LLP has a 'strong reputation' for handling defence work and is one of the few law firms in Wales with a significant focus on defending clinical negligence claims brought against doctors, dentists and other healthcare professionals.