Manager & Associate
Elizabeth has experience in all aspects of the debt and asset recovery process, dealing with both contentious and non-contentious matters. Elizabeth has particular expertise in the debt purchase sector and managing rent repossession claims. Elizabeth’s main focus is on the management of litigation services to volume clients, specifically for repossession matters.
Main area of practice
Elizabeth has a broad range of experience built from over a decade of specialising in commercial recoveries. She currently works with a large insurance client managing referrals of rent repossession claims as well as private landlords.
Elizabeth has worked for a variety of clients within the commercial recoveries team during her ten years with the firm. Historically her main focus has been on the debt purchase sector but Elizabeth has been heavily involved in the vehicle finance sector managing both asset and debt recovery work for vehicle finance clients. Elizabeth managed the work for the team’s first large vehicle finance client. Elizabeth now manages the team’s possession unit dealing with rent repossession claims for private landlords and insurance referrals.
Elizabeth has provided in house training for a number of vehicle finance clients and continues to provide advice on ongoing issues for a number of the team’s clients.
- Commercial, Debt & Asset Recoveries
- Business Debt Recovery
- Debt Recovery
- Vehicle Finance & Asset Recovery
Elizabeth joined the firm in June 2003 as a litigation assistant and was promoted into a management role in 2006. Elizabeth is an Associate of the firm and a Graduate Associate member of the Institute of Chartered Legal Executives. Elizabeth has worked on Consumer Credit Regulated work for over ten years and continues to focus on this sector.
Elizabeth qualified as a solicitor in December 2019.
- Elizabeth has a Law Degree (BA Hons) which she studied for via distance learning and is currently studying the Legal Practice Course in her spare time with a view to qualifying as a Solicito
- Managing a compliance review stage for new instructions from vehicle finance clients to identify cases where documentation was weak. This had the benefit of avoiding surprises in litigation and established areas for internal training for the client.
- Identifying a number of defective default notices for a new vehicle finance client (previously not noticed by the client internally or by their panel of current legal service providers). If not identified the termination of the affected agreements could have been invalid and meant the agreements were unenforceable.
- Managing the review of and implementation of a complex reporting suite for a debt purchase client on a test basis for the client before their reporting requirements were rolled out to other legal panel members.
- Streamlining document reviews for rent repossession claims to identify problematic documentation before the commencement of litigation.
Elizabeth Bowden is noted for her 'great attention and focus whilst dealing with potentially very difficult situations'.