Taking on our first lease to premises was a big step for us to take as an SME. Holly guided us through all the stages required enabling all parties to sign the lease ahead of the date targeted for completion. An accurate, professional and well organised individual who we would seek help from again.
Holly is an Associate with a broad base of knowledge in acquisitions/disposals, secured lending and corporate support, but specialising in leasing work. Having previously worked for a major high street retailer, Holly always strives to put herself in her clients’ shoes and to provide commercial and pragmatic advice at all times.
Main areas of practice
Holly has significant experience in office, retail, restaurant and leisure leasing (with a particular focus on the London market). Holly also regularly acts on contested Landlord and Tenant Act lease renewals, for both landlords and tenants.
Holly acts for a wide range of clients, including major institutional landlords, international property investors, high street retailers, luxury goods retailers, major national banks, leisure operators and charities.
Holly is one of the technical supervisors to the Cardiff Law School/CLAS Cymru Pro Bono Scheme, which was set up in 2018 to provide legal advice to community groups, local authorities and landowners on the ownership and improvement of green spaces.
Holly is also a qualified ballroom dance teacher and competed at national level until the age of 19.
Holly is an alumna of Atlantic College and has two first class degrees, one in History from the University of York and the other in Law from Cardiff University. Holly obtained a Distinction in her LPC (also from Cardiff University) and won the Hugh James prize for top Litigation mark.
Holly joined Blake Morgan in September 2016, was promoted to Senior Solicitor in November 2018 and then Associate in July 2020.
- Part of the team headed by Nigel Griffiths which acts for Canary Wharf Group plc in the leasing of 350+ retail units at Canary Wharf. Particular projects of note: acting on the "Wharf Kitchen" street food market, and development leasing and pre-lettings for Canary Wharf's New District and Crossrail Station.
- Acting for a Hong Kong investor on the asset management of three London office buildings, including a 33,000m2 skyscraper in the City of London.
- Advising a major high street retailer on the time-critical restructuring of their retail property portfolio, including the surrender of multiple leases and working with Blake Morgan's Property Litigation team to provide integrated advice on the contentious aspects of the restructuring.
- Acting for a luxury jeweller on the £multimillion Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 renewal of their flagship London store, which required a matching bank guarantee and three legal opinions.
- Acting for several regional retail landlords on the management of retail and leisure destination shopping centres.
- Providing Real Estate support to Blake Morgan's Corporate and Banking teams on a significant minority investment in the award-winning outdoor adventure business Zip World. The deal valued the business at £45m.
- Providing Real Estate advice and support to the landlord of a luxury apartment complex on the outskirts of London, involving a wide range of issues in the administration of the estate.
Stamp Duty Land Tax and Land Transaction Tax advice.