Ian provided a very skillful and excellent service in a most helpful and efficient manner. I was kept regularly informed and was advised well throughout.
Ian is a Legal executive in our Travel team.
Main areas of practice
He has experience in a wide range of travel litigation claims, but is particularly experienced in dealing with road traffic accident claims abroad.
Ian helps Brits in their compensation claims abroad. He also helps people from overseas who are making claims in the UK. In addition, Ian deals with contractual disputes involving boats and helps clients obtain compensation following boating collisions.
Ian joined the firm in 2008.
- Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives
- Package holiday claims: successfully obtained £10,000 in compensation for client who suffered legionnaires whilst on holiday in Italy; also obtained £1,500.00 in compensation from the UK Tour Operator as a result of suffering from bed bug bites whilst staying at a hotel in Mallorca
- Slips, trips and falls abroad: successfully recovered €14,229.09 in compensation following a tripping accident in Belgium
- Road traffic accidents abroad: successfully settled a whiplash injury claim following a road traffic accident in Spain
- Illness abroad: successfully settled a number of food poisoning claims, including Salmonella, as well as claims for other types of diseases such as Legionnaires
- Contractual disputes involving Sale of Goods and the Supply of Goods and Services Act
Before specialising in Travel litigation claims, Ian gained experience in general litigation, employers’ liability and public liability claims.
Although going to court is a stressful situation it was made easier by Ian Jenkins' support and hard work.