"She is a very talented lawyer and brilliantly commercial."
Experienced in construction disputes, Jessica defends and brings claims in the Technology and Construction Court, in addition to arbitrations and adjudications.
Main areas of practice
She represents clients in various forms of Alternative Dispute Resolutions (ADR) including mediation and negotiation, expert determination and conciliation. Jessica also gives guidance in relation to construction-related professional negligence disputes.
In addition to her construction caseload, Jessica advises clients in relation to general commercial disputes and has particular expertise in cases concerning technical issues. Jessica has represented clients in relation to a number of Injunctive Relief Applications.
Her clients include national house builders, contractors, construction-related professionals, commercial organisations and private individuals.
Jessica began her career in law in 2003 as a Paralegal in Dispute Resolution and qualified as a solicitor in 2010. Jessica has an honours degree in Law and a Masters in Criminology and Psychology.
- Regional co-ordinator for the Society of Construction Lawyers and organises and attends events relating to the construction industry.
- Constructing Excellence Hampshire
- Southampton Property Association
- She has also acted for private clients in relation to a high-value claim against the NHBC and also in an adjudication between a developer and social housing provider concerning allegations of breach of contract, failure to issue a Practical Completion Certificate, loss and expense claims, liquidated damages and penalty clauses.
- Jessica has given advice to a number of national house builders and developers in relation to whether conditions in conditional agreements have been satisfied and whether there are grounds to avoid completion under land purchase agreements.
- Jessica advised a national house builder in connection with payment disputes (variations) with a ground works contractor, including the defence of multiple adjudications and subsequent advice on jurisdictional issues and enforcement.
Jessica Tresham is described by market sources as "a very good technical lawyer who is also very strong on the market-facing side." Her practice focuses on construction disputes for a wide range of clients, including contractors and public bodies. She is experienced in a variety of ADR techniques.
She's very organised, efficient and user-friendly – you know she'll do what needs to be done.