Next generation lawyer, Julia Prior is "calm and fights hard for her clients," according to clients.
Julia deals with all types of personal injury claims
Main areas of practice
Her main areas of practice include accidents at work claims, occupiers and public liability claims and brain injury claims. She has particular interest in motorcycle accident claims and accidents involving animals.
Julia’s clients are mainly people who have suffered injuries through no fault of their own. She also undertakes some work for defendants.
Julia began work as trainee legal executive in 1990 and qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 1995.
She joined Blake Lapthorn in 2000 and qualified as a solicitor in 2004 having attained a Distinction in her Legal Practice Course.
- Law Society Personal Injury panel member
- Senior Litigator status with Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- £500,000 - plus the costs of rehab treatment - for a young client who suffered a serious hand injury, including the loss of a finger, when using a log splitting machine at work without proper protection
- £450,000 for a client who broke his ankle in an RTA and had to give up his planned career as an airline pilot
- £20,000 for a client who was abused by a teaching assistant at her school
- £60,000 for a pedestrian who was knocked down by a car in Lyndhurst and suffered a head injury
- £26,434 for a lady who fell over an A sign which had been left out on the pavement, and who suffered a broken shoulder
- £7,000 of compensation recovered for hearing loss arising out of exposure to noise at work
- £30,000 of compensation for crush injury to little finger of the Claimant in a wood chipper incident
- £35,000 of compensation recovered for a Client who had been hit by a car on a petrol station forecourt
- £3,500 of compensation recovered for a Client who had been kicked by a horse
- Over £30,000 of compensation recovered for a minor who had been injured when falling off horse that was spooked
- Highway tripping case settles shortly before final hearing for £8,000
- £310,000 for a client who suffered an accident at work when he fell from height
- £130,000 for a client who suffered burns while working in a restaurant kitchen
- £135,000 for a client who was abused as a child by a priest
- Julia is a member of our rural team and is the team’s equine specialist.
- Julia is a trustee at Smile 4 Wessex.
I can't thank Julia Prior enough for all she has done for me and the astonishing results she has achieved.
Julia was "brilliant" and "just wonderful" and he had nothing but praise for her. She provided great service and he could not suggest any changes that would improve his experience of BM.
Julia was very good at explaining everything in full and her communication was of a very high standard.
Insights by Julia
Back in the office today after attending a training conference run by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL). As an APIL accredited Senior Litigator I looked forward to attending...Read More
Blake Morgan secure £100,000 for client unable to work after suffering head and knee injuries in workplace fall
For Mr A a fall at work resulted in life changing injuries that had a detrimental impact on both his health and his ability to work. Personal Injury Lawyer Deborah...Read More
It is always a victory tinged with great sadness when I settle claims on behalf of families bereaved through asbestos related disease. The most deadly of the asbestos related...Read More