Next generation lawyer, Julia Prior is "calm and fights hard for her clients," according to clients.
Julia deals with all types of personal injury claims.
Main areas of practice
Julia has always enjoyed expanding her wide breadth of expertise. Her experience ranges from accident at work claims, occupiers and public liability claims and brain injury claims for clients of all ages. Her Road Traffic Accident claims experience include Fatal Accident cases. As a former motorcyclist herself, she has particular empathy with her motorcyclist clients and as a horse owner/rider she and has a particular understanding of accidents involving animals including horses, cows and dogs. She also acts for clients and their families in asbestos related injury claims.
Julia works for individual clients and their families.
Following a number of years working in the Civil Service, Julia found that she had a special interest in the Law and began work as trainee legal executive in 1990, qualifying as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 1995.
She took a break from her studies while she started her family and then she juggled her family, work and studies in order to qualify as a Solicitor in 2004, having attained a Distinction in her Legal Practice Course. She joined the firm in 2000. Whilst at Blake Morgan she has attained the position of Senior Associate, and she is recognised as a ‘Rising Star’ in the Legal 500 rankings.
- Senior Litigator status with Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- £500,000 - plus the costs of rehab treatment - for a young client who suffered a serious hand injury, including the loss of a finger, when using a log splitting machine at work without proper protection
- £450,000 for a client who broke his ankle in an RTA and had to give up his planned career as an airline pilot
- £20,000 for a client who was abused by a teaching assistant at her school
- £60,000 for a pedestrian who was knocked down by a car in Lyndhurst and suffered a head injury
- £26,434 for a lady who fell over an A sign which had been left out on the pavement, and who suffered a broken shoulder
- £7,000 of compensation recovered for hearing loss arising out of exposure to noise at work
- £30,000 of compensation for crush injury to little finger of the Claimant in a wood chipper incident
- £35,000 of compensation recovered for a Client who had been hit by a car on a petrol station forecourt
- £3,500 of compensation recovered for a Client who had been kicked by a horse
- Over £30,000 of compensation recovered for a minor who had been injured when falling off horse that was spooked
- Highway tripping case settles shortly before final hearing for £8,000
- £310,000 for a client who suffered an accident at work when he fell from height
- £130,000 for a client who suffered burns while working in a restaurant kitchen
- £135,000 for a client who was abused as a child by a priest
- Julia is a member of our rural team and is the team’s equine specialist.
- Julia is a trustee at Smile 4 Wessex. The charity raises funds for equipment and research for the Wessex Neurological Unit based at Southampton General Hospital.
I would like to thank you for your support throughout the whole process, both from a legal view and also a personal perspective. I recall meeting you outside the hospital and feeling totally lost and in need of support/guidance that you provided professionally and with compassion - so again thank you.
You have been amazing and I cannot thank you enough for what you have done.
I can't thank Julia Prior enough for all she has done for me and the astonishing results she has achieved.
Julia was "brilliant" and "just wonderful" and he had nothing but praise for her. She provided great service and he could not suggest any changes that would improve his experience of BM.
Julia was very good at explaining everything in full and her communication was of a very high standard.
Insights by Julia
Back in the office today after attending a training conference run by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL). As an APIL accredited Senior Litigator I looked forward to attending...Read More
It is always a victory tinged with great sadness when I settle claims on behalf of families bereaved through asbestos related disease. The most deadly of the asbestos related...Read More