Associate (Australian Qualified Lawyer)
Julian is an Australian Qualified environment, planning and infrastructure associate who specialises in the energy and resources, infrastructure delivery and property development industries. He is passionate about sustainable development.
Main areas of practice
Julian assists clients with strategic planning and environmental approval advice, environmental compliance, environmental liability and risk allocation, E&P transaction support, general commercial advice, large scale asset acquisition and disposal and major infrastructure project delivery.
Julian advises a broad range of public, private and third sector clients on all aspects of environment, planning and infrastructure transactions and projects in the energy and resources, infrastructure delivery and property development industries.
Julian has five years of post-admission experience in commercial law, including in-house legal practise at a major third sector firm in Australia. He graduated in 2014 from Griffith University in Queensland Australia with an LLB (hons) and a Bachelor of International Relations.
- Advising Anglo American (Australian entity) on numerous expansion projects for coal mines including the expansion of the Dawson and Moranbah North coal mines.
- Advising Anglo American on pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for the Aquila mining project.
- Advising Anglo American on compliance and operational issues including damage to the Gibihi Road resulting from on-site blasting, vegetation clearing issues and construction of on-site and off-site infrastructure.
- Advising AMP Capital on the AU$250 million purchase of the ‘Gasworks’ mixed-use development and the AU$800 million purchase of the Indooroopilly Shopping Centre in Queensland, Australia.
- Advising Australian Unity on the development of the Herston Quarter mixed-use hospital precinct in Queensland, Australia, including the streamlined approvals processes and construction phase issues, including contamination and heritage issues.
- Advising Lendlease, including by providing vendor side due diligence, for the corporate restructure and part sale of its AU$1.7 billion Australian retirement village portfolio, including on its Queensland assets.
- Advising the Queensland Government in Australia on the legal component of business cases for the Cairns Convention Centre expansion.
- Advising the Queensland Government on the Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre.
- Advising the Queensland Government on the Toowoomba Hospital.
- Advising two separate investors on the purchase of two separate solar farm developments in Queensland, Australia.
Julian assists clients on environmental offset delivery and carbon emission reporting obligations.
Insights by Julian
Earlier this week, the Environment Bill 2021 received royal assent and is now the Environment Act 2021. This represents a significant milestone in environmental statutory change following Brexit and an...Read More
In April 2021, a new set of international sustainable lending and finance principles called the social loan principles were announced. They were released in the backdrop of the global economy...Read More