Kym Provan 's practice focuses on spinal injury, acquired brain injury and delayed diagnosis of cancer claims. Sources say: "She works phenomenally hard. She gives very sensible advice and knows what is going to happen and how long it is going to take. She is the type of solicitor who is on your side but tells you the truth, not just what you want to hear."
Kym heads our clinical negligence team in Southampton.
Main areas of practice
Kym has experience in dealing with a range of clinical negligence claims but has particular expertise in claims arising out of catastrophic injuries, cauda equina syndrome (nerve damage) and delay in diagnosis of fatal conditions.
She has successfully pursued claims for clients with a wide range of injuries, against individual practitioners, NHS Trusts and private hospitals, securing compensation ranging from £10,000 to several hundred thousand pounds.
- £400,000 in compensation for cauda equine syndrome following spinal surgery
- £55,000 in compensation for negligent hand surgery
- £35,000 in compensation for a delay in diagnosing compartment syndrome
- Secured compensation in excess of £1million for delay in diagnosis of a life-threatening soft-tissue infection
- £62,000 in compensation for poorly performed knee replacement operation
Insights by Kym
A number of lawyers from the BL Claims Solicitors Clinical Negligence department were fortunate enough to be invited to the AvMA 35th Anniversary Gala Dinner on Friday evening at the Grand...Read More
I was very concerned to hear on the news that the care quality commission found during an inspection at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth in July 2017, that a...Read More
On the evening of 26 September 2017, Kym Provan, partner and head of BL Claims' South Coast clinical negligence team, was pleased to attend the annual general meeting of University...Read More