Star Associate, Lucy Edwards of Blake Morgan is well regarded for her specialist expertise in acting for insolvency practitioners appointed as receivers under POCA, advising them on both enforcement and asset management issues. "She is very experienced and is prepared to think out of the box," one source notes, while another says: "She always provides an excellent service in a timely and cost-efficient manner."
Lucy is based in our London office and heads up the London Business Support & Insolvency team. Lucy also specialises in proceeds of crime work for which she is highly regarded. She is recognised as a star associate in Chambers 2018.
Main areas of practice
Lucy has extensive experience across many sectors in all aspects of contentious and non-contentious corporate and personal insolvency, advising insolvency practitioners, companies, directors, landlords and creditors. Lucy deals with asset recovery, misfeasance claims, challenging antecedent transactions and actions arising out of MTIC fraud but is equally at home negotiating business sale agreements and advising directors on their duties when faced with insolvency.
Lucy mainly acts for insolvency practitioners in formal insolvencies and when they are appointed under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. Lucy also advises the firm’s clients when they are affected by an insolvency process.
Proceeds of crime
- She has developed a specialism advising management and enforcement receivers appointed under POCA 2002 (as well as its predecessors; the Drug Trafficking Act and Criminal Justice Act).
- Lucy regularly advises POCA receivers on issues affecting the realisation of assets, including disputes over ownership.
- Lucy is trusted by POCA receivers and is regularly asked to assist with tenders to prosecutors.
- Claims against an errant company director in relation to a number of companies from which he had taken money and unravelling the complex corporate structure used to hide his beneficial ownership.
- Advising a high street bank on its re-financing of companies in CVAs.
- Advising a subsidiary of a large charity on its insolvency and assisting the liquidators with the recovery of assets.
Before joining the Blake Morgan Lucy worked in the Insolvency teams at Nabarro and Nicholson Graham Jones (now K&L Gates).
- Insolvency Lawyers' Association
- Association of Business recovery professionals (R3)
- Secretary of the Proceeds of Crime Lawyers' Association (POCLA)
Insights by Lucy
Upon the High Court lifting reporting restrictions this week, the newspapers have reported details of the extravagant lifestyle of Zamira Hajiyeva, the wife of the former chairman of Azerbaijan's largest...Read More
The Court of Appeal restores legal professional privilege in SFO v ENRC case. SFO v ENRC - Legal professional privilege restored The Court of Appeal has reversed the controversial High...Read More