Vastly experienced Malcolm Gibbs is ‘a pleasure to work with’.
Malcolm has extensive experience in a wide range of private client work for individuals, business owners and directors in their tax and estate planning, business succession, trusts and asset protection.
Main areas of practice
His main area of expertise is in providing specialist tax planning advice for individuals on estate succession through wills, lifetime gifts and trusts, pension and life policy trusts, and estate variations.
Malcolm also helps with succession planning for business owners and directors, including family ownership structures, effective use of tax reliefs through lifetime gifts, trusts and wills.
Assisting individuals, business owners and farmers to structure their tax planning and will for wealth preservation, inheritance tax and capital gains tax mitigation, asset protection and succession through the family.
Malcolm joined Blake Morgan in 2014. prior to this he gained wide experience of specialist private client work in major private client legal firms in the South and South-West of England, and with KPMG Accountants.
- Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners
- Solicitors for the Elderly
- Institute of Legacy Management
- Law Society Private Client Section
- Reviewing company directors' and shareholders' wills, pensions and life policies, death benefits, and assets and structuring of businesses to maximise tax reliefs.
- Structuring estates and wills for bloodline tax planning for families.
- Setting upon trust arrangements for properties for capitals gains tax and inheritance tax succession planning.
- Deeds of Variation of estates to maximise tax reliefs and ongoing estate and tax planning for families.
Advice on structuring of family investment company on sale of business for ongoing wealth management and succession planning.
Advice on family business structures to protect business ownership.