Chartered Legal Executive
Maxine is a Chartered Legal Executive in the Commercial Litigation Team specialising in contractual disputes, professional negligence and defamation.
Main areas of practice
Maxine’s work involves advising clients (claimant and defendant) on a wide range of commercial dispute, including contentious construction claims, professional negligence (against architects, engineers, insurance brokers, solicitors and surveyors) and breach of contract.
Maxine has particular experience of acting for insured clients helping them enforce their legal rights or defend their position against a range of opponents.
Maxine joined Blake Morgan as a paralegal in the Commercial Litigation Team in 2012 and qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in September 2017.
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Acting in claims against a main contractor, architect and building inspector in relation to defective workmanship and negligent design
- Advising on professional negligence disputes against a surveyor in relation to defects not identified within a building survey report and Home Buyers report
- Advising on professional negligence disputes against a solicitor for negligent advice and breach of duty to warn
- Advising commercial clients regarding the enforceability of contract terms and loss recoverability
- Advising private client on a claim against an online newspaper
Defamation – Maxine also advises claimants and defendants on claims for slander and libel.