How can I thank you enough for all the advice and help you have given me and my sons. Thank you, thank you, thank you to you and the team!
Melissa has over 35 years’ experience in private client law. She deals with powers of attorney and associated mental capacity issues.
Main areas of practice
Her main areas of expertise include: the administration of estates and related taxation and property matters, the creation and administration of trusts and lifetime tax planning as well as deeds of variation, Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Melissa’s clients include executors or administrators, beneficiaries of estates, trustees, attorneys or individuals making Wills or powers of attorney for themselves.
Melissa qualified in 1991 having achieved First Class Honours in the Law Society’s Solicitors Final Examinations. She has been with the firm since 1979, always based in our Oxford office.
- The Private Client Section of the Law Society
- Berks, Bucks & Oxon Law Society
- Complex estates: Melissa has considerable experience in administering complex estates whether by their value, or by the nature of the assets involved, or both.
- High net worth individuals: She advises on exposure to inheritance tax and mitigation strategies, both in connection with Wills and after death.
- International private client: Melissa has experience in administering cross border estates.
- Mental capacity: She drafts and registers Lasting Powers of Attorney and registering Enduring Powers of Attorney. She acts for and advises attorneys, and administers clients' affairs.
Melissa also has experience in lifetime Inheritance Tax planning and drafting and administration or trusts.
Thank you for all your help in arranging the LPAs for my mother. She has found your approach so helpful and reassuring and so have I.
I am most grateful to you, and look forward to moving on with my life. It has been nice working with you.