Senior Project Surveyor
Mike is a Senior Project Surveyor in our Project and Cost Management team.
Main areas of practice
Mike has been involved in all aspects of pre-contract and post contract work including cost planning, procurement and cost management. He also has expertise in contract administration in the role of Employer’s Agent.
Mike has worked with a wide range of clients over the course of his career, including industrial, central and local government bodies, private developers, aviation, residential, leisure, education and commercial sectors.
His clients have included British Airways, the Royal Mint, MOD, Aviva, Holiday Inn, Swansea University, various regional councils and housing associations.
Mike has worked in the construction industry since 1983 and achieved Associate membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors in 1992.
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- New 210Nr bedroom 7 storey hotel complete with integral restaurant with a value of £14.2m.
- New 100Nr bedroom hotel including the refurbishment of 134Nr bedrooms within the existing facility with a value of £8.2m.
- Cost management for the refurbishment of maintenance Bay 2 including new staging and docking at BAMC with a value of £8.7m.
- Conversion of an existing Science Block to create a new Learning Hub with a value of £650,000.
- 21Nr bedroom extension to existing hotel with a value of £2m.
Mike also has experience of provision of estimated construction costs for insurances purposes and bank monitor services to establish the financial stability of a proposed contractor, advising on the viability of a project and ensuring funds are appropriately allocated during the construction period.