Consultant and Notary Public
Mike is a Consultant at Blake Morgan and has advised businesses in the Hospitality & Leisure industry on a wide range of matters for nearly 30 years.
Main areas of practice
Mike has led on numerous corporate transactions, including the acquisition and sale of companies that own pubs, clubs, hotels, restaurants and coffee shops. He also deals with commercial contracts for the supply of food and drinks, logistics services and other products and services typically required by breweries and businesses operating licensed premises, cafés and coffee shops.
He has extensive experience of drafting and negotiating software development agreements and other IT contracts, refinancing in the Hospitality & Leisure sector, sponsorship and collaboration agreements and joint ventures.
- Commercial Contracts
- Real Estate & Property
- Notarial Services for Business
- Notarial Services
Mike was admitted as a solicitor in 1990 after completing an LLB Law Degree at the University of the South Bank, London and his Law Society Finals at Chester College of Law.
- A joint venture agreement for the biggest mixed-use development scheme ever seen in Wales
- The provision to a client of an £85m finance package
- The sale of a majority stake in company operating a chain of coffee shops
- The purchase of a company operating 27 pubs
- Joint ventures, sponsorship and collaboration agreements with high profile sportsmen and football and rugby teams
As well as being a solicitor, Mike is a Notary Public and in that capacity, administers oaths, witnesses signatures on documents, and certifies documents for use in foreign jurisdictions. Mike is also able to arrange for documents to be legalised (i.e. his signature and seal authenticated) by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and/or by the Embassy of the relevant country.