Senior Chartered Legal Executive
The team and I feel we got a first class service from you on the construction side.
Nicola is an experienced Senior Chartered Legal Executive specialising in construction and development.
Main areas of practice
Nicola specialises in non-contentious construction work.
Nicola advises on construction terms: in development agreements, agreements for lease and licences, letters of intent, pre-construction agreements, building contracts and sub-contracts, consultant appointments, collateral warranties and letters of reliance, novation agreements, performance and other bonds, parent company guarantees, project bank accounts/escrow agreements. Nicola also provides due diligence reports to funders on construction documents.
She acts for private and public sector clients, employers (including under strategic partnerships and joint ventures), developers, contractors, consultants and funders, in respect of complex and/or high value construction projects.
Nicola was admitted as a Fellow in 2011. She worked as an in-house lawyer for a local authority for 6 years before joining Blake Morgan in 2014.
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Society of Construction Law
- Advising a major public authority and advising major private developers on bespoke developer agreements with associated agreements for lease
- Providing due diligence reports on construction documents to the main high street banks and private funding organisations
- Advising a major university and social housing providers on construction framework agreements to procure professional consultants and building contractors under multiple lots for call-off contracts
- Advising a new bank on construction documents for refurbishment/new build to create new branches under a major expansion project
- Advising social housing providers on development agreements, drafting bespoke construction documents and preparing templates for their future construction projects
- Advising a local authority on a wide range of construction projects and contracts, including school refurbishment/new build projects, regeneration projects and framework agreements
Nicola also has experience in advising on public sector contracts and procurement.
Insights by Nicola
Your project team members with design responsibility hold professional indemnity insurance in the minimum amount you have requested. So, you can relax knowing that you are covered in the event...Read More