Patrick is an Associate in the Succession & Tax Team of Blake Morgan in our Southampton office.
Main areas of practice
Patrick’s main areas of expertise include dealing with and advising on:-
- Wills, bespoke to each individual’s needs
- Preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Administration of Estates, including applications for Grant of Representation
- Deeds of Variation
- Inheritance Tax Advice and Planning
- Preparation and administration of Trusts
Patrick advises individuals looking to plan for their and their family’s future, whether that is ensuring that a suitable Will is in place, mitigating the effect of Inheritance Tax, or ensuring that safeguards are in place in the event of a loss of mental capacity.
He also advises Executors, Administrators, Trustees, Attorneys and beneficiaries.
Patrick joined the firm in 2021, having previously worked at a Legal 500 firm in the Thames Valley. He has over seven years’ experience as a Private Client Solicitor advising clients on a wide range of matters.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE)
- Law Society Private Client Section
- Acting in the administration of Estates, ranging from the relatively straightforward to multi-million pound involving various complex and contentious issues, including Estates with non-UK assets.
- Creation of tax-efficient Wills aimed to maximise the availability of IHT reliefs, including the Residence Nil Rate Band, Business Property Relief and others.
- Creation of Trusts within Wills, to strike the correct balance between tax-efficiency and ensuring that the Estate passes to the "correct" people.
Insights by Patrick
What happens if there is no Will? Where there is a will there is a way, as the saying goes, and where there is no Will, there could be problems...Read More
Believe it or not, everybody has an estate, which includes everything you own. If your estate is large enough, Inheritance Tax may become payable. It is therefore a very good...Read More