"She is extremely professional, approachable, knowledgeable and happy to go above and beyond."
Reshma is in our Banking and finance team and acts for a variety of lenders as well as borrowers.
Main areas of practice
Reshma’s work includes negotiating loans, working capital facilities, security, intercreditor and priority deeds and related documents including advising on syndicated multi-currency facilities, project finance, invoice discounting, management buy-outs and buy-ins, agreeing and issuing secured and unsecured loan stock, dealing with debt restructuring, undertaking security reviews for lenders and advising on and undertaking restructuring of security, advising on trade finance, asset finance, and regulatory advice, particularly Consumer Credit Act and the Financial Services and Markets Act.
- Acting for the Royal Bank of Scotland Plc on their £13.7m facility to fund the development of a new private hospital in Cardiff.
- Advising the MedicX Fund Group in connection with its acquisition and development of healthcare centres where funding of £100m was provided by The General Practice Finance Corporation and syndicated facilities of £22.5m with Deutsche Postbank AG which involved negotiating the terms of the loan agreement and Master ISDA documents and related security and £25m has recently been provided by the Royal Bank of Scotland plc which involved negotiating the terms of the loan agreement and Master ISDA documents and related security and priority arrangements with the existing lenders to the Group and being lead lawyers also played a project management role.
Acting for various Housing Associations in connection with their funding arrangements including:
- Clwyd Alyn Housing Association in connection with funding from Abbey National Treasury Services of £50.5 million, and from the Royal Bank of Scotland Plc of £50 million involving a security trustee arrangement. Reviewing and negotiating the loan agreements and dealing with satisfaction of the conditions precedent.
- Clwyd Alyn Housing Association in connection with its funding of £14m from Lloyds Bank Plc.
- Cardiff Community Housing Association in obtaining additional facilities totalling £16 million from Nationwide Building Society which involved negotiating the loan agreement for the new facility.
- Advised South Wales Fire Authority on a refinancing of the senior debt in its PFI Fire Training Centre Project with the Authority’s interests in mind. This involved reviewing the private sector funding and security documents and negotiating the direct agreement.
Health & Social Care
- Advised the Department of Health on the funding aspects of the Avon Gloucestershire and Wiltshire £200 million plus Phase 2 Electives Scheme.
- Advised an independent healthcare provider on project finance for the acquisition and development of care homes, including facilities from Allied Irish Bank of £12 million and dealing with the security documents, deed of subordination and ISDA Agreement.
- Reshma has acted in the completion and registration of Mortgages over pleasure boats, fishing vessels and licences.
Reshma qualified in 1999 after completing her LLB Hons in Law and the LPC at Cardiff University.
Reshma Jogia often advises Welsh banks on their local and national lending activity, and is specialised in work involving the education, healthcare and property development sectors. Clients highlight her "practical, approachable and calm" manner. She is also praised for being "very thorough, knowledgeable and focused on getting things over the line."