Trainee Legal Executive
Sam advises and acts in the administration of estates, specialising in intestate matters with complex practical issues.
Main areas of practice
Sam deals with a wide range of estates, especially intestate, including those larger and subject to practical, legal and taxation-based complexities.
Sam acts for individuals in their capacity as estate executors or administrators. He has significant experience in assisting relatives of those who have died without leaving a will.
Sam joined Blake Morgan in 2014, after graduating from Loughborough University with an MA in Drama in 2012, and working in a Coventry-based law firm for eighteen months. He is currently studying to become a Chartered Legal Executive. Sam has experience in various areas of private client work.
- CILEx (Chartered Institute of Legal Executives)
- CLS (CILEx Law School)
- Obtaining grants of representation in unusual situations (including successive estates and partially-administered estates);
- The intestacy rules, and distribution of estates amongst large numbers of relatives;
- Powers of attorney (Lasting/Enduring/General);
- Post-death taxes (income/inheritance/capital gains);
- Tracing assets and beneficiaries.
Sam also has experience in case law regarding the validity of Wills and testamentary capacity.
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for all your help. Throughout the process you have kept me fully updated, taken time to explain everything thoroughly and responded to any enquiries within a timely manner.
Insights by Samuel
We at Blake Morgan have blogged before on the importance of making a Will if you want to control what happens to your estate after death. But what actually makes...Read More
Back in early 2017, a government consultation into a change in probate court fees took place. Thankfully, this change ultimately never transpired. The most recent Budget heralds a second attempt....Read More