Sara Hanrahan of Blake Morgan "is approachable and helpful," according to clients. She focuses on large infrastructure and regeneration projects, covering both contentious and non-contentious planning matters. She is engaged by a range of housing associations and local authorities, as well as the Welsh Government. Another source says: "She speaks in a way that is understood by all; her advice is always very clear."
Sara specialises in urban redevelopment projects, particularly advising in relation to compulsory purchase and affordable housing schemes.
Main areas of practice
Sara’s private client work includes contentious and non-contentious planning, negotiating section 106 agreements and infrastructure agreements, compulsory purchase, listed building matters, highways, telecommunications and building regulations.
Her clients include developers, local authorities, housing associations and private clients.
Sara has worked on a number of key regeneration schemes within London including New Bermonsdey, Thamesmead, the Vauxhall/Nine Elms/Battersea Opportunity Area, Dalston Square, Loampit Vale, Canada Water Basin and More London. She has also worked on various similar sized projects across the South East and Wales including Thanet’s new town centre, Westwood Cross, and the regeneration of Swansea City Central.
Examples of some of her recent casework include:
- Sara has advised the Council of the City and County of Swansea in relation to the regeneration of the Swansea Civic Centre and the city centre redevelopment worth £6 billion in relation to planning and compulsory purchase advice.
- Acting for Renewal Group in relation to the £1 billion regeneration of the 30 acre site in Lewisham known as New Bermondsey including compulsory purchase powers.
- Acting for the owners of Victoria Quay in East Cowes to allow the redevelopment of the quay to provide marina facilities comprising showers/ toilets, retail, restaurant/café, a new hotel, residential sector and a new public square.
- Sara project managed the pre-application advice process and subsequent full planning application for a high net worth individual within a top floor flat in Mayfair and secured consent for an additional storey.
Sara joined Blake Morgan in November 2012.
- City of London Law Society's Planning and Environmental Committee
Sara is a regular contributor to Planning Magazine, Estates Gazette, Local Government News and Planning in London.
Sara Hanrahan is very capable and gets on well with clients, as well as managing her team very effectively.
Specialises in large infrastructure and regeneration projects within England and Wales.
Outstanding on all fronts, including technical knowledge, commercial awareness and client service.
Insights by Sara
At the end of last year the final report in respect of the Raynsford Review was published. The aim of the report was to set out a new vision for...Read More
On 1 October 2018, the Town and Country Planning (Pre-commencement Conditions) Regulations 2018 (the 2018 Regulations) came into force. The 2018 Regulations apply to pre-commencement conditions imposed on any planning...Read More