Sean is a Legal Director who has specialised in Pensions Law for over 12 years, based in our London office.
Main area of practice
Sean provides advice on the full range of pensions law issues to trustees of occupational pension schemes, employers and providers of small self-administered schemes and self-invested personal pension plans. He drafts and reviews the full range of pensions documentation and provides pensions law advice on tax issues, corporate transactions, lending to pension schemes and offshore pension arrangements. Sean provides real-world advice on pensions law issues.
Sean works for trustees, employers, providers and banks as and when they need support and on stand-alone projects.
Sean graduated from the London School of Economics and has specialised in pensions law since he qualified as a Solicitor. Before joining Blake Morgan in 2013, Sean worked in the pensions law teams at Norton Rose and Pinsent Masons. He also developed a pensions law practice as the only specialist pensions lawyer at Pannone in Manchester. Sean has been a committee member of the North-West branch of The Pensions Management Institute and a volunteer adviser for The Pensions Advisory Service.
- Association of Pensions Lawyers
- Advice to the Italian parent of a non-trading UK subsidiary in relation to a UK defined benefit pension scheme.
- Advice on scheme closure and de-risking exercises to pension scheme trustees and employers.
- Advice to pension scheme trustees about investments into direct lending funds in Luxembourg.
- Advice on securing pension scheme liabilities with an insurer.
- On-going legal support to a provider of over one thousand small self-administered schemes and self-invested personal pension plans.
- On-going legal support to a provider of over one hundred offshore executive pension plans.
- Advice to an insurer on pensions policy documentation.
- Advice in relation to transfers of benefits from a UK pension scheme to overseas pension arrangements.
- Advice on pensions issues in a wide variety of UK and international corporate transactions.
Insights by Sean
As many employers will know, on 6 April 2018, and then again on 6 April 2019, the minimum contributions to a pension scheme for the purposes of the automatic enrolment...Read More