Sophie is a Commercial Real Estate Solicitor based in the Thames Valley.
Main areas of practice
She has experience working with a diverse range of clients across a broad range of industries, including acting for institutional landlords, corporate occupiers and investors, and all aspects of general commercial lease management.
Sophie has a particular interest and focus on assisting clients in the retail, office, leisure and warehousing sectors.
Qualified in 2015, Sophie previously worked at Shoosmiths LLP for six years and more recently spent 18 months as Legal Counsel at the DX Group plc.
- Women in Property
- Law Society
- Negotiating multiple lettings for various institutional investor landlords and tenant occupiers with rental values of up to £1 million per annum.
- Working a number of landlord portfolio project teams responsible for dealing with leasehold management matters and new centre lettings, including those involving office, retail and warehouse use.
- Acting for purchasers (including those funded by private equity investors) in reviewing and advising on the suitability of sites for the target business.
- Reviewing and investigating title in order to advise on future redevelopment and sale.Assisting on the purchase of commercial property subject to occupational leases, including undertaking detailed due diligence to produce reports on title.
- Assisting with the re-financing of a large property portfolio for an institutional landlord to the value of £140 million.
Before qualifying Sophie worked in the corporate legal sector where she was involved over a period of two years with a large portfolio client and their buy and build strategy of acquiring companies. As a result she has particular experience in private equity transactions, including debt and equity finance, investments and auction site disposals, and particular expertise dealing with data and deal rooms for the auction/sale process.
Sophie has also undertaken various in-house client secondments during her legal carrier and recently spent 18 months as Legal Counsel at the DX Group plc. As a result she has first-hand insight into what businesses really need from their legal advisors.