Stephen is an experienced property lawyer, advising on all aspects of commercial, industrial, residential and mixed-use developments as well as acquisitions, disposals and management.
Main areas of practice
Stephen advises on a broad spread of investment and development projects including the acquisition and disposal of portfolios, joint ventures and forward funding agreements.
Stephen never loses sight of the fact his clients trust him to get them over the desired finish line – on time and within budget, irrespective of external market forces.
Stephen has developed a strong client base ranging from entrepreneurial and mid-tier property investors and developers, to off-shore investment vehicles and funds. He acts for corporate entities as well as retailers. Stephen has also built a strong supporting network of key business intermediaries.
Stephen qualified into the Real Estate Department of Clifford Chance where he stayed for over 13 years before joining niche property and commercial practice, Hughes Watton, latterly Piper Smith Watton LLP. Stephen led the real estate department of PSW from 2004 until PSW’s merger with Blake Morgan in 2015.
- British Council of Shopping Centres (BCSC)
- Acting on the acquisition of a dilapidated office block in Docklands for conversion to 45+ residential units.
- Acting for one of the UK’s leading charities in the development and sale of a hotel with retained ground rent.
- Advising on an option agreement for the redevelopment of a high profile and sensitive commercial and residential regeneration of a London listed building.
- Acting on the acquisition and funding of a site in Surrey for the construction of 100 student flats.
- Acting for a Jersey SPV on the purchase and funding of an industrial estate in West London.