Sue is the HR Director at Blake Morgan, responsible for ensuring that the strategic profile of the firm’s people is best suited to delivering our corporate goals and objectives. Sue has proven success in helping Firm’s achieve a step change in the management and delivery of its service, both from the perspective of the value it provides clients and in raising the capability of its people.
Main areas of practice
Sue leads a national team of HR professionals at Blake Morgan, advising on all aspects of HR, recruitment and retention, strategic planning, and employee engagement. She is a member of the central operational team supporting the general management of the firm and its operations. She is also a member of the Strategy Board and RemCom.
She has specialist expertise in managing people issues associated with high growth, increasing competition and improving profitability. Her experience includes assisting with the introduction of a Centre for Leadership Development, HR effectiveness reviews and design and implementation of an international career development programme.
Sue has extensive experience of guiding organisations on a range of HR and organisational issues including governance, leadership development, restructuring and the successful management of mergers and acquisitions.
Before joining Blake Morgan, Sue held a number of strategic positions in the legal sector including HR Director at DLA Piper and BLP. Her commercial experience also includes global account management for BP and Shell.
She has lectured on the MBA at Ashridge and studied Psychology at UCL. She is qualified in Prince II.
- As an HR Director and Global Head of OD at DLA Piper, Sue has managed the review of organisation effectiveness, issues associated with downsizing, high growth and improving profitability. She successfully introduced a new partner performance management process worldwide and associated reward strategy in order to create a high performing culture.
- As an advisor to Kuwait Petroleum Corporation over a period of 15 years, Sue assisted with a review of HR effectiveness, introduction of a Centre for Leadership Development across 8 countries and project managed the closure of refineries, a merger in Denmark and closure of the UK business operations.
- As HR Director with BLP, she restructured the HR operations and redesigned the career review processes, graduate recruitment and reward strategy.
- In her early years, as a management consultant with PA Consulting Group, Sue was Head of OD for the global energy sector and advised on a range of people and organisation issues including governance, leadership development, assessment and selection techniques, risk management and the development of culture, values and behaviours aligned to the needs of the business.
- HR Strategy, policy and planning
- Organisational development
- Change Management
- Organisational Development
- Reward and Benefits Strategy
- Creating a high performance culture
- Employee engagement