Public Sector Network
According to the most recent statistics, 400,800 employees in Wales have been furloughed through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, better known as the furlough scheme. This is a take up rate of 31%.
We are approaching the end phase of the furlough scheme and many organisations are now facing challenging decisions about the future of their workplaces and managing the “new norm”.
There is no change to Welsh Government guidance that people should still work from home if they can. However, where there is a return to the workplace, Welsh employers have to take stringent steps to ensure that their workplaces are COVID-19 secure.
Join Blake Morgan for a live webinar chaired by Partner and Head of Blake Morgan in Wales, Eve Piffaretti, where our health and safety and employment experts Partner Claire Rawle and Senior Practice Support Lawyer, Debra Gers will:
- Provide an overview of the most recent Welsh guidance on making workplaces COVID-19 secure.
- Identify the challenges facing employers who have already opened, or are considering re-opening, their workplaces.
- Consider what the new working norm looks like.
- Provide an overview of what risk assessments are needed.
- Consider what steps can an employer take to help employees in this new environment.
- Discuss employer’s health and safety obligations to home workers.
You will have the opportunity during the webinar to submit questions for our panel to answer.
Please click on the ‘Register for the webinar here‘ button to register your details.
We look forward to having you on the webinar.
Our next webinar will be on 14 October and details of the speakers and topics will be provided nearer to that date.
Eve heads our Commercial team in Wales and the Public Law Group.
Claire is a Partner who leads the Health, Safety and Environmental team which is recognised as having one of the leading Health and Safety practices in the UK
Senior practice support lawyer
Debra is the Senior Practice Support Lawyer for the Employment, Pensions, Benefits and Immigration (EPBI) Group.
Thursday 24 September 2020
10.00 am – 11.00 am