The House of Lords Select Committee on the Licensing Act 2003
The House of Lords Select Committee on the Licensing Act 2003 is today hearing evidence from senior government officials from the Home Office, DCMS and Department of Health. It has also issued a formal call for Evidence with a deadline for responses of 2nd September. Details on how to get involved are available here.
The Committee will focus on a number of specific areas:
- the key aims of the Act and the four licensing objectives
- the lessons to be learned from across the UK and other countries
- if the Act still aims to encourage tourism, leisure and culture
- government policy on alcohol, health and minimum unit pricing
- crime and disorder
- the increase in off-trade sales
- enforcing the Licensing Act 2003
The Select Committee's reporting deadline is 31st March 2017.