Employment Law key developments
Blake Morgan hosted a webinar where our employment experts Partner Paula Kathrens and Senior Practice Support Lawyer, Debra Gers considered recent key employment developments including:
- An overview of the recently announced Job Support Scheme, part of a package of measures to support employment when the furlough scheme ends on 31 October.
- Recent unfair dismissal case law developments.
- The Government response to the consultation on public sector exit payments.
- Current trends and future developments regarding Employment Tribunal claims.
- The implications for employers regarding recent case law developments about vicarious liability.
Our next webinar will be on 18 November and will discuss mental health and mental capacity. Details of the speakers will be provided nearer to that date.
Paula is a partner in the Employment law team, advising key clients in both the public and private sectors including Welsh Government, further and higher education, health and social care, housing and the financial services sectors on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law. Paula is a supervisor of Employment Tribunal work amongst other matters.
Senior practice support lawyer
Debra is the Senior Practice Support Lawyer for the Employment, Pensions, Benefits and Immigration (EPBI) Group. She monitors key cases and legislative developments in both the UK and EU and provides legal updates to clients on topical issues as well as future developments.
Wednesday 14 October 2020
10.00 am – 11.00 am