Package holiday accidents
“I would like to say a big thank you to you for all the help I have received and a successful outcome which involved another country's legislation. Well done!”
Was the package holiday that you saved up all year for ruined by an injury that was not your fault? Our highly experienced Travel Claims team will help you make a compensation claim that can go some way to making up for the loss of your holiday and the upset it caused.
The Blake Morgan Injury Group lawyers, who are specialists in travel claims, will fight for damages for package holiday ‘injuries’ that include:
- Infection from poor hygiene in eating areas, rooms or swimming pools
- Sub-standard fittings, fixtures and safety measures in your holiday accommodation that led to you being physically injured.
Our Travel Claims team solicitors will make a substantial compensation claim against the tour operator or holiday provider. Under the Package Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tours Regulations 1992, they are liable for the actions of those who supply services that form part of the package holiday. These include:
- Hotel facilities
- Air travel, cruises, and transfers
- Excursions booked with the main holiday
The regulations governing package holidays (defined as providing two out of the following three components: transport, accommodation or any excursion or significant activity) mean that you don’t need to make your compensation claim in a foreign country. The regulations on package holidays allow you to bring a claim in the UK against the package holiday provider, as long as it is based in the UK. This is beneficial to you as the amount of compensation is likely to be greater, and it will be easier and quicker to pursue a claim in the UK.
The time limit for a package holiday claim is three years, but you should claim as soon as possible after you know that you have suffered personal injury.
Our clients choose Blake Morgan Injury Group Claims Solicitors to handle their package holiday accident claims because:
- We are rated as one of the top firms in the UK for handling travel compensation claims
- Our Travel Claims team has more than 20 years of winning travel compensation claims
- We talk to our clients in jargon-free language
- We act quickly so clients get the compensation they need as quickly as possible
- We have a specialist team of lawyers dedicated to travel claims
- Our Travel Claims team include French, Spanish, Italian, German, Polish and Bulgarian speakers.