Pregnancy and birth injuries
“Thank you again not only for the professional manner in which you handled our claim, but also the care and consideration you showed whilst doing so.”
Clinical negligence during the management of pregnancy, labour, delivery and post-natal care can lead to serious conditions ranging from post-traumatic stress disorder and depression to brain injury and even death of the mother and/or child.
Our clinical negligence lawyers are highly experience in investigating clinical negligence that may have occurred in the management of pregnancy, labour, delivery and post-natal care.
The Blake Morgan Injury Group Solicitors Clinical Negligence team works with medical experts in this area who can provide an independent opinion on whether you and your baby received an acceptable standard of care during pregnancy and childbirth and whether there was any negligence if either of suffered injury.
Examples of injury to a baby that may have resulted from clinical negligence which means you may be entitled to a compensation claim include:
- Erb’s palsy (paralysis of the arm caused by nerve damage during labour)
- Strep B infection
- Hyperbilirubinaemia (a condition that can causes a yellowing of a baby’s skin, commonly known as jaundice)
- Trauma injury due to assisted delivery – forceps or ventouse (vacuum)
- Problems with neonatal intensive care treatment
Injuries suffered by the mother, who may subsequently be entitled to a medical negligence compensation claim if medical negligence occurred during pregnancy or childbirth, include:
- Significant perineal tearing / poor episiotomy repair
- Massive post-partum haemorrhage
- Pre-eclampsia/ HELLP syndrome
- Traumatic injury from assisted delivery
- Caesarean section wound infection
- Death during childbirth
Our team of specialist lawyers (including those with qualifications in nursing, midwifery and medicine) will handle your case with the utmost sensitivity.
Our clients choose Blake Morgan Injury Group Solicitors to handle their pregnancy and birth injury compensation claims because:
- We are acknowledged leaders in the field
- Our legal team has, collectively, many years experience in winning clinical negligence compensation claims
- We talk to our clients in jargon-free language
- We act quickly so clients get the compensation and care they need as soon as possible
- We are members of industry bodies and panels related to clinical negligence, which means that Blake Morgan Injury Group Claims Solicitors is recognised as being a leader in the legal industry
You will discuss your case with a highly qualified lawyer right from the outset