Travel - Commercial & Corporate
The introduction of new legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), ePrivacy regulations and Payment Services Directive 2, alongside the challenges of increasing cybercrime, new technologies and Brexit means that the travel market continues to change at a rapid pace.
Main areas of practice
With unparalleled industry knowledge, the Blake Morgan travel team stay at the forefront of these changes so that we can help your business navigate turbulence, identify opportunities and evolve to meet the needs of your customers.
We provide relevant, realistic solutions to a dynamic and fast-moving sector. Our expert team specialise in providing innovative, commercially astute, straightforward advice to travel industry clients in this complex and ever-changing area of law.
We represent travel management companies, leisure and tour operators, airlines, destination management companies and travel agents.
The depth and breadth of our expertise is recognised by the legal directories, and demonstrated by our impressive portfolio of high profile travel clients including:
- Business Travel Direct
- Altour International
- Meon Valley Business Travel
- Omega World Travel
- Ovation Travel Group
- Globalstar Travel Management
- AC Group
- Air France KLM
- Corporate support to M&A deals – we have carried out a series of transactions involving travel management companies and their acquisition of competitors. Our travel regulatory team is able to carry out industry-focused due diligence and assistance with deals, particularly by reference to trade licenses and compliance; compliance with IATA and other regulatory bodies including ATOL, and general compliance with EU Regulations.
- Drafting commercial agreements between substantial business travel agents and their clients relating to the provision of services, GDPR and other compliance issues.
- Key advice to travel management companies in connection with RFP and drafting Travel Management Services Agreements between the TMC and key corporate clients.
- Advising airlines on commercial and regulatory issues, claims and contracts.
- Advising tour operators and travel agents regarding their liability to the Civil Aviation Authority.
- Advice on all aspects of consumer law including the credit card surcharge ban under PSD2, the new Package Travel Directive 2 and a total review of consumer pricing and dynamic pricing for airline clients.
- Advising major airlines in connection with compliance with EU Regulation 261/2004 and the management of volume claims relating to delayed and cancelled flights.
- Advising travel businesses in connection with force majeure incidents, including outbreak of war, strikes, compliance issues, refunds and rebookings.
- Defending claims brought in various jurisdictions across the world from the largest multinational corporation to individual policy holders or the uninsured. We act on a range of international cases often following accidents such as skiing, holiday and road traffic accidents.
- Intellectual property advice on advertising and marketing law, websites and trademarks.